Wednesday, October 5, 2011

W7D2 done!

Did Week 7 Day2 of Couch to 5k today with the hubby. We got into 12 minute pace averages (even with the warm up and cool down walks! :D That was totally awesome. Our paces are all over the place because it's Oregon and there's nary flat land to run on, there's always a crazy hill lurking around a corner. I'm trying to get to the 5K distance in the time allotted, so think I'm doing good on schedule since I ran 2.5 miles today and that's how much you should be doing.



Of course that total of jogging didn't factor in the end of the run jog with my little man. THIS is a HUGE reason why I run. I want to show him that fitness can be fun and exciting in whatever sport he chooses, but he is so excited to get out of the double stroller and run as fast as his little legs will take him for the last little stretch before home. It's SO adorable. Especially when he bends over all red cheeked and tuckered out and sighs loudly 'I'm so tired!" lol.

2 comments:

  1. so awesome that you guys are doing this program! keep up the great work. more people should set good examples like that for their kids. my fur baby Lloyd already likes to run. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, there we go! That's what I get for reading your posts backwards ... I told you -- you always have a hill!

    ReplyDelete