Friday, October 14, 2011

Blah run

So Sunday with Week 8 Day 1, running 5k was awesome. Then Monday hit and hurt my neck, no running for me. Then Thursday, finally better, go for a run, expecting greatness and awesomeness and the thrill and accomplishment of another good run.

Did. Not. Happen.

We started running straight off, slow jog through the warmup. Hubby was in front of me 2 blocks ahead the entire time almost, THAT'S how bad I was dragging. 2 miles in, with another mile to go and I was just done. I had a Lia Sophia party that I was already going to get to late so I threw in the towel and decided not to prolong the misery of the disappointing run and cut it short and went to the place we let Tay run on the way home instead of the extra 1 mile loop. SO disappointed. I know I'm supposed to rest a day between runs but I really want to go out today (blue sky, YAY!) and redeem myself and get in 5k.

Speaking of 5k, my costume is on it's way for the Monster Mash 5k! While hunting for Taylor's costume I found an awesome pink devil costume with tail, ears, and cool arm sleeve capes. Plus it will be very easy to run in once If find a pair of black shorts. Getting really excited for the run :)

2 comments:

  1. You can have a rest day, it's okay - although blue sky is hard to pass up!

    If I recall, you wanted shorts for under shorts? Is that right? Something like that? My back-up shorts are just simple Danskin ones that I got at Wal-Mart for $7 each. Before I had a closet of running skirts I always ran in them and never had any sort of problem with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very hard to pass up! This is my costume
    http://tinypic.com/r/v8j7g1/7 that I'm going to have to get some shorts for. I don't actually own ANY sorts due to the thighs devouring them ;) so I will head to wally's when my costume arrives! Thank you for the tip!

    ReplyDelete